According to JBA estimates as many as 10% of residential properties are not insurable at standard rates. A lack of affordable flood insurance can impact on a property’s future valuation, mortgage application and saleability.
Failure to advise the purchaser on flood risk is now considered bad practice as per the Law Society guidance (http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/advice/practice-notes/flood-risk/). The Homecheck Flood Report condenses everything needed to ensure due diligence in one easily managed report. Included in the report:
– Flood data from JBA Risk Management on pluvial and fluvial flooding as well as data on surface water flooding.
– Official Environment Agency (EA) Data: The River & Coastal Risk and Flood Defences data set looks at whether the property is in or within: 250m of an area affected by flooding or extreme flooding as well as whether the property is within 250m of flood defences.
– As with all Landmark reports the Homecheck Flood Report includes an expert professional risk assessment from experienced consultants at Argyll Environmental. This also includes an assessment of insurability at current market rates.
– Not only does the Homecheck Flood Report provided an assured assessment of flood risk but Homecheck also provides your client with positive steps to help mitigate and manage flood risk on the property in question. Enabling you to provide your clients with value added advice alongside an initial assessment, this advice can entail the use of door guards and air brick covers.
- About Us
- Regulated Local Authority Search
- Official Local Authority Search
- Regulated Drainage & Water Report
- Official Drainage & Water Report
- Landmark Homecheck Professional
- Landmark Homecheck Flood Report
- Landmark Plansearch Plus
- Chancel Liability Insurance
- Mining Reports
- Capital Conveyancing
- Utilities reports
- Contact Us