Complaints should be sent to:
Mr Adam Freedman
Property Information Company Ltd
The Sorting Office
2A St Georges Road
Temple Fortune London NW11 0LR
Telephone number 02076373383
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for clients
Property Information Company is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board as a subscriber to the Search Code. A key commitment under the Code is that firms will handle any complaints both speedily and fairly.
If you want to make a complaint, we will acknowledge it within 5 working days of receipt.
• Normally deal with it fully and provide a final response, in writing, within 20 working days of receipt.
• Keep you informed by letter, telephone or e-mail, as you prefer, if we need more time.
• Provide a final response, in writing, at the latest within 40 working days of receipt.
• Liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf.
If you are not satisfied with our final response, or if we exceed the response timescales, you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs): Tel: 01722 333306, E-mail: email@example.com. Website: www.tpos.co.uk
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with his final decision.
The Search Code:
• provides protection for homebuyers, sellers, estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage lenders who rely on the information included in property search reports undertaken by subscribers on residential and commercial property within the United Kingdom
• sets out minimum standards which firms compiling and selling search reports have to meet
• promotes the best practice and quality standards within the industry for the benefit of consumers and property professionals
• enables consumers and property professionals to have confidence in firms which subscribe to the code, their products and services.
By giving you this information, the search firm is confirming that they keep to the principles of the Code. This provides important protection for you.
The Code’s core principles
Firms which subscribe to the Search Code will:
• Display the Code logo prominently on their search reports.
• Act with integrity and carry out work with due skill, care and diligence.
• At all times maintain adequate and appropriate insurance to protect consumers.
• Conduct business in an honest, fair and professional manner.
• Handle complaints speedily and fairly.
• Ensure that all search services comply with the law, registration rules and standards.
• Monitor their compliance with the Code.
If you have a query or complaint about your search, you should raise it directly with the search firm, and if appropriate ask for any complaint to be considered under their formal internal complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the firm’s final response, after your complaint has been formally considered, or if the firm has exceeded the response timescales, you may refer your complaint for consideration under The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs). The Ombudsman can award compensation of up to £5,000 to you if he finds that you have suffered actual financial loss and/or aggravation, distress or inconvenience as a result of your search provider failing to keep to the Code.
Please note that all queries or complaints regarding your search should be directed to your search provider in the first instance, not to TPOs or to the PCCB.
TPOs Contact Details:
The Property Ombudsman scheme
43-55 Milford Street,
Tel: 01722 333306
Fax: 01722 332296
You can get more information about the PCCB from www.propertycodes.org.uk.
PLEASE ASK YOUR SEARCH PROVIDER IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE SEARCH CODE